Artificial Intelligence Istio makes it easy to create a network of deployed services with load balancing, service-to-service authentication, monitoring by deploying a special sidecar proxy throughout your environment that intercepts all network communication between microservices which includes:
- Automatic load balancing for HTTP, gRPC, WebSocket, and TCP traffic.
- Fine-grained control of traffic behavior with rich routing rules, retries, failovers, and fault injection.
- A pluggable policy layer and configuration API supporting access controls, rate limits and quotas.
- Automatic metrics, logs, and traces for all traffic within a cluster, including cluster ingress and egress.
- Secure service-to-service communication in a cluster with strong identity-based authentication and authorization.
AI Istio is designed for extensibility and meets diverse deployment needs. It does this by intercepting and configuring mesh traffic as shown in the following diagram:
AI Istio provides key capabilities across a network of services:
- AI Istio Traffic management
- AI Istio Security
- AI Observability
Integration and customization with AI
The policy enforcement component of Istio can be extended and customized to integrate with existing solutions for ACLs, logging, monitoring, quotas, auditing with AI Ops